Our Founder President
- Mr. Bangad is the Founder Member and President of Raktache Nate Charitable Trust.
- Through the blood donation movement, Mr. Bangad has been driving social change for the last 30 years. He has donated blood 132 times, platelets 21 times and 9 COVID plasma donations.
- The 'Times of India' appreciated his social change initiative and featured the inspiring story of Mr. Bangad as 'City of Angels' in March 2009. He was awarded the 'Rakt Mitra' for the year 2008. He has been interviewed on National Television and the Radio.
- In 2014, Mr. Bangad has been honored with the 'Pune Hero- the Unsung Hero of Pune' award by 'Pune Mirror' at the hands of the respected Former President of India Pratibhatai Patil.
- After the distressing 'German Bakery' bomb blast at Pune, Mr. Bangad and his team contacted about 5000 people through chain messages and a press release to collect 155 units of blood overnight.
- Mr. Bangad has been functional through management, consultancy and active participation in blood donation camps. In 2014, under his guidance more than 30000 blood bags have been collected through various mega camps across Maharashtra.
- Mr. Bangad is also the Founder Member and Trustee of a social group that provides free food to the family members of disadvantaged and rural patients admitted at 'Sassoon Hospital', Pune. Daily healthy meals are provided to 150 beneficiaries for last 14 years.
- He regularly delivers numerous lectures and seminars on blood donation. He has been felicitated and recognized by several social organizations, benevolent individuals, celebrated personalities across the country.
- Marching confidently towards his 150th blood donation, Mr. Bangad has planned blood donation camps in different regions of Maharashtra such as Satara, Nanded, Sangli, Solapur, Kolhapur etc. to create awareness at the grassroots and fuel social change.